Teenage acne can be embarrassing.
If you are looking to treat acne with over the counter products here are some tips:
- Wash your face at least twice daily and after exercise or working outside as sweat and dirt can clog pores.
- Use a daily moisturizer and wear sunscreen
- Try over the counter acne prodcuts. Look for ingredients like salyciclic acid and benzoyl proxide.
- Use makeup prodcuts that are “noncomedogenic”
- Avoid getting hairgel and sprays on your face
- Don’t squeeze or pop pimples as this can cause scaring
- Maintain a healthy diet
- Change your pillow case every night
If these tips don’t work consider talking to your doctor about what we can do to help you.