We Do Not Write Official Doctor Notes About “Mold-Related” Special Considerations, Here’s Why

Mold related notes are more appropriate for an allergist or the health department to provide.


We encourage our patients who have been exposed to mold to speak with the local health department about options regarding this public health hazard, but since we are not “mold” experts, we do not involve ourselves in mold-related legal or housing matters by writing letters on the subject, instead this should be directed to either your allergist or the health department service. If you believe your child has been detrimentally exposed to mold, we are able to send for mold-related testing of your child’s blood, and if allergy level class 3 or higher is noted, we can refer your child to a specialist/allergist.